Another Wagner Baby: 38 Weeks


  • How far along: 38 weeks - we're in the home stretch!
  • Gender: Boy!
  • Weight gain: +3 lbs. this week, putting my overall weight gain at +32 lbs. 
  • Maternity clothes: It's pretty much leggings and maternity tops all day at home and I've been loving any kind of maxi skirt or dress to go out or sometimes my tried and true side panel maternity jeans. It's SO HOT here in Texas! I've also been wearing my nighttime nursing bra most of the time at home, it's much more comfortable.  
  • Stretch marks: Oh yes, and I seem to have given up on the lotion. Stretch marks are part of having babies, so it is what it is.
  • Sleep: I've been going to sleep relatively easily this week and getting back to sleep easily after having to use the restroom 832098524 million times a night, whew! But I've been waking up around 6:30/7:00 consistently and having a hard time going back to sleep so I usually just go ahead and wake up. For those wondering, yes my daughter is a late sleeper! She usually wakes up between 8:30 and 9:30! 
  • Best moment this week: This would absolutely have to be the fact that we were generously given several Amazon gift cards that afforded us the opportunity to buy our double stroller! We were absolutely blown away by our incredibly generous friends and family and we are so excited to have gotten a very safe, durable and versatile double stroller. We decided on the Baby Jogger City Select Double Stroller and are so excited for it to arrive next week! We are truly blessed with some very giving people in our lives. 
  • Worst moment this week: On Thursday I woke up and realized that I had started to lose my mucus plug and had had some spotting. This pre labor symptom along with some pretty consistent and strong contractions made me think that maybe something was starting. I tried to drink water and lay down but after a few intense contractions while my daughter was crying and climbing all over me and some maintenance guys were fixing a major drywall situation in our bedroom, I decided to call my husband. I wasn't sure what was happening but the contractions were pretty consistent (about 5 minutes apart lasting for about a minute) and their intensity was making it impossible to take care of Daphne who was already upset because she could see that I was in pain. Carson came home and the drywall guys left, we continued to track the contractions and my husband graciously cleaned the whole apartment (I don't know why but all I could think was "If this is labor, I need to clean the bathrooms, sweep the kitchen, vacuum...."). The contractions continued all day and through a chiropractor appointment (where our sweet chiropractor prayed over us) that evening and a pretty big grocery haul afterwards. The strong contractions became more sporadic but when they hit, I could barely walk and definitely not talk through them. I wasn't sure what to think! I kept reminding myself that if this was true labor the contractions would get strong and stay strong and continue in consistency. After Daphne's bedtime we moved our hospital bags out by the door, just in case. We tracked the contractions a bit longer and then decided to go to bed and hope that if this was "it" that we would have enough time to rush to the hospital in time for an epidural. Imagine my mixed emotions when I continued to have contractions throughout the night while I slept and woke up to no baby and no true labor. Ugh! I've since been having on and off strong contractions and definitely a lot more discomfort. These last few weeks of pregnancy are no cake-walk. 
  • Miss anything: As much as I have loved carrying our son and I feel so blessed to be able to have another child, I think I'm at that point in my pregnancy where I'm feeling ready to not be pregnant anymore. The back pain, the contractions...on top of the hot Texas summer...I'm ready to have this little boy. 
  • Movement: He hasn't been moving as much as he used to, which again I'm chalking up to the fact that he has less room in there, I've been trying not to let it get me worried. Sometimes I push on my belly to try to get him to move or feel something and I instantly regret the crazy dance party that ensues. 
  • Symptoms: Third trimester symptoms can be a little TMI, so read with caution. Gas, strong contractions, mild constipation, menstrual-like cramps, constant lower/upper back pain, excessive mucus, frequent urination, indigestion, tender and painful breasts, upper tummy feels tingly, "lightning crotch". 
  • Cravings: I was a little bit cranky this week after having contractions all day and night on Thursday/Friday but it was nothing a whole lot of chocolate couldn't fix. Chocolate (specifically Twix bars and Snickers bars) has been hitting the spot and putting a smile on my face this week. 
  • Queasy or sick: Neither really! Maybe a bit of indigestion after some meals. 
  • Looking forward to: My Mom is coming NEXT WEEK!!! I am just so beyond excited and I know I will feel so relived when she gets here and even more anxious to meet my sweet Levi! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Joy's Story

Glory's Story

The Waiting Room