Another Wagner Baby: 37 Weeks


  • How far along: 37 weeks! -- soooo close!! 
  • Gender: Definitely ALL boy. We had a sonogram appointment this past week and I asked the tech to just double check for me. Levi is definitely a boy - and I am most definitely a little bit terrified, hah!
  • Weight gain: + 2 lbs. this week. Overall weight gain is +29 lbs. 
  • Maternity clothes: My side panel maternity jeans are still a favorite, leggings and comfy maternity tops as well! I've started wearing a nighttime nursing top around the house and at bedtime, it just feels more comfortable. 
  • Stretch marks: The "roadmap" is still very much there. And again, I'm hopelessly applying lotion almost every day to try to turn back the hands of time. 
  • Sleep: I've been sleeping much better this week! We had a pretty busy weekend with friends in town so there were a couple nights where I went to bed late and felt tired the next day but for the most part I've finally figured out a good sleeping position with just the right amount of pillows! I'm still having to go the bathroom multiple times throughout the night but I've been going back to sleep just fine. My bedtime routine is actually pretty intense, hah! I feel like such an old lady but I have been loving going to bed around 8:30/9:00 (I actually think that going to bed earlier and getting better sleep has helped with my anxiety issues, I haven't had a panic attack or major anxiety since I started going to bed earlier!). After I wash my face and brush my teeth, I make sure I have a full water bottle on my bedside table, take my prenatal vitamin and my inhaler, apply chapstick (I don't know why but I love the feeling of Burts Bees chapstick before bed), turn on the small fan by my bed, turn on my "orby music" that I listen to while I sleep, apply peace + calming to my shoulders and behind my ears (and sometimes magnesium oil!), put in my night guard (I grind my teeth pretty bad), hoist myself into bed and situate the pillows just right until I'm comfortable. Like I said, its pretty intense! Hah! 
  • Best moment this week: We had such a wonderful weekend with our friends and their two kids in town for a couple days! They came to meet our other friend's baby boy but we were lucky enough to get to host them and spend some quality time with them before our own baby boy comes! Another highlight for this week was getting to see Levi again in our sonogram! It's so crazy how much he's grown and developed since the last time we saw him. It will most likely be the last time we get to see him before we're holding him in our arms! 
  • Worst moment this week: When I went to the ER last week they needed to give me an IV for fluids, our nurse was trying to insert an IV in my right wrist and ended up hitting a valve. It was pretty painful and she ended up calling another nurse to insert an IV in my upper forearm while she cleaned up all the blood that had squirted everywhere...It hurt pretty badly that night and was tender the next day but then I thought the pain was going away. Well this week it has developed a pretty colorful bruise and it has been pretty tender and swollen. It's my dominant hand so it's just been painful and I keep forgetting to be gentle to it! 
  • Miss anything: I've been having stronger contractions lately. Not necessarily more of them, but they are more intense and a bit painful - I'm assuming Braxton Hicks feel worse with your second delivery. I miss not feeling those and just being able to function without this pregnant belly getting in the way all the time! 
  • Movement: He doesn't move as often as he used to and they feel more like sliding movements than actual kicks at this point. But he does move pretty consistently throughout the day. 
  • Symptoms: Third trimester symptoms can be a little TMI, so read with caution. Gas, strong contractions, loose stool, menstrual-like cramps, round ligament pain, constant lower/upper back pain, excessive mucus, frequent urination, indigestion, tender and painful breasts. 
  • Cravings: No crazy cravings this week. I've been a bit more thirsty - chugging that water like its my job! 
  • Queasy or sick: Haven't felt sick this week, I've felt a little too full after a meal, but not sick. 
  • Looking forward to: My Momma is coming in TWO WEEKS!! I am just so excited to get to visit with her for a bit before Levi comes and eat all of her delicious food, haha! I'm also pretty happy that Daphne will have a good amount of loving and attention before Levi's delivery because she's pretty much my Mom's favorite. :) 

Comments

  1. Excellent blog, Congrats to the Web Master, nice colors and text.
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge. God bless you.

    Apricot Marmalade Recipe

    Great post. Thanks for sharing!!!! Greetings from Venezuela.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Joy's Story

Glory's Story

The Waiting Room