Another Wagner Baby: 36 Weeks


  • How far along: 36 weeks!
  • Gender: Baby boy - although I've been having dreams that we're having a girl! We have a sonogram scheduled for this week, so I might be asking them to just double check for me. Hah! 
  • Weight gain: - 1 lb. this week, overall weight gain is at +27 lbs. 
  • Maternity clothes: Lots of leggings and maternity tops! 
  • Stretch marks: Ohhh yeah. I've been hopelessly applying more and more Moringa Body Butter all over my belly every day to try to turn back time but I think the road map is here to stay. Oh well, badge of honor for bearing children, right? 
  • Sleep: This has been a horrible, horrible week for sleep. Carson was gone for a couple nights this week and I conveniently came down with something. I cleaned the entire apartment last Tuesday because...I don't know, nesting? I think my getting a sore throat/congestion was a reaction to the cleaning chemicals and the dust. ANYWAY, not only was I uncomfortable because - pregnant - but I was also really uncomfortable because I was feeling so crummy! I think I slept with every single pillow while he was gone in an effort to prop myself up so I could breathe and to prop myself up so I could sleep with Levi having a dance party in my belly! 
  • Best moment this week: Daphne has been super cuddly this week, I've been loving it! It's like a little gift to be able to get in some more one-on-one time and snuggles with her like the old days before baby brother comes and my time is split. 
  • Worst moment this week: Saturday was our 6th wedding anniversary and we already knew that we weren't really planning to do anything that day because we picked up some things for Levi this week and are still planning to purchase a double stroller - so funds are tight. Anyway, we went to church and I started having mild to strong contractions during the service. I began timing them while we were still at church around 7 pm as they were getting a bit stronger. I had contractions for weeks before Daphne's delivery, but they weren't as strong as these were. The contractions continued in consistency and intensity for about 3 more hours. Contractions lasting about 40 sec - 1 1/2 minutes long and about 5-10 min apart. We decided to go ahead and call Carson's sister to come over and be with Daphne and to go to the hospital. I think Carson was a little hesitant to go to the hospital because when it was "go-time" with Daphne I was pretty much yelling in pain and could barely walk, I wanted to go because I had no idea what was happening and had heard that sometimes the second delivery can go much faster, plus we were only 35 weeks and 4 days and I wasn't sure how Levi would do if born that early. After we got all hooked up to the monitors at the hospital, my contractions became much stronger and continued in consistency. After waiting to see if they would go away on their own by changing positions, the on-call doc decided to give me a shot of terbutaline and a bag of fluids. Within about 10 minutes the contractions had stopped and I was feeling much more comfortable. They checked my cervix again and it was closed so they sent us home! I'm so glad that we went to the hospital because I have no idea what would have happened had we stayed home and let the contractions continue. I was told to be on moderate bedrest and drink a lot of water, and that if the contractions came back and were consistent and painful to call my OB. I had a few painful contractions on Sunday morning but after a ton of water and a good nap, I've been feeling much better! 
  • Miss anything: Sleeping comfortably! 
  • Movement: His movements are not as big as they used to be, probably running out of room! But he moves pretty consistently, even during the contractions on Saturday he was moving a lot - which I was so thankful for!
  • Symptoms: Third trimester symptoms can be a little TMI, so read with caution. Gas, contractions (obviously), diarrhea, pretty bad lower/upper back pain, excessive mucus, frequent urination, heartburn, indigestion, leg pain. 
  • Cravings: Haven't really had a big appetite this week. I've been eating a good bit of cereal though!
  • Queasy or sick: Just some indigestion and I did have heartburn one night. 
  • Looking forward to: Our friends are coming into town this weekend to come see our other friend's new baby boy! We're excited to see them and visit with them even if its a whirlwind trip!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Joy's Story

Glory's Story

Erin Condren Iphone Case Review + Golden Ticket