Another Wagner Baby: 28 Weeks


  • How far along: 28 weeks
  • Gender: Boy - Levi Allen
  • Weight gain: No weight gain this week. Overall weight gain is +18 lbs.  
  • Maternity clothes: I purchased a navy blue striped maternity dress this week, I plan on wearing it for our maternity photoshoot. I've been really loving my old maternity shorts, and my maternity jeans from Target. It's starting to get hotter here in Texas, I plan on wearing my maxi skirts and dresses - they're so comfortable! 
  • Stretch marks: Not yet, but my belly has been so tired and achey lately. 
  • Belly Button in or out: In, but very flat. 
  • Sleep: This past week has been so busy and crazy, I haven't really been sleeping well and I've been going to bed later than I usually do and unable to take any naps. Basically I've been pretty exhausted. 
  • Best moment this week: Where do I even begin. This week has been so good. So busy but so good. We were able to witness my sister-in-law getting engaged to the love of her life this weekend! It was such a thoughtful proposal and even though it was a little rainy and cold, it was so romantic! 
    One of my best friends came into town this weekend for our other best friend's baby shower, it was so great to see her and her little girls! 
    We also had an absolutely anointed time of worship this weekend with our worship team, I can't even describe to you the feeling of the Lord's presence in an abandoned warehouse. His presence was so undeniable that the 40-50 people there just sat in silence as it washed over us. It was much needed and will never be forgotten. 
  • Worst moment this week: This week was the 2nd anniversary of our first baby's due date. We lost our first baby - Hope -  in an early miscarriage, she was due April 7th. We celebrate her short and precious life every year by releasing a yellow balloon at the little pond by our church. I miss her and all the "what-could-have-beens" of her life, but I'm so thankful that the Lord has blessed me with two healthy babies after my two miscarriages and that He has made beauty from ashes in the sharing of my pain. If you would like to read about my miscarriage with Hope or my thoughts on the first anniversary of her due date, please feel free. 
  • Miss anything: Not really. I was craving sushi for a hot minute this week, but I've been feeling pretty good and trying to savor the last few months of carrying my boy. 
  • Movement: Levi moves pretty consistently and his kicks are so strong! My friend was trying to feel some of his movements this weekend and everything that I felt really strongly, she could barely feel or even not feel at all! That makes me think that my anterior placenta is still a bit in the way of other people feeling his movements. 
  • Symptoms: Tired and achey belly (we had a photoshoot/video shoot for our worship ministry this week and I was really feeling it after awhile - its so much effort for a pregnant lady to stand up straight!), exhausted, thirsty, sore legs, cramps, contractions (I've been having more contractions lately and so my doctor wanted to check my cervix before we flew to Lynchburg this weekend - everything is fine and cervix looks great! Praying for no bed rest this time around!).
  • Cravings: I haven't really had any crazy cravings this week. I did have a sip of my husband's Dr. Pepper at a restaurant - I never drink dark soda - and it was more delicious than I remember. You can bet I ordered myself a Dr. Pepper at Chick-Fil-A the next day. 
  • Queasy or sick: I haven't been feeling either one. Although in the middle of the night on Monday I woke up feeling pretty nauseous. I asked my husband to plug in a small fan by my face and grab me some peppermint oil and I soon fell fast asleep. Not sure what that was all about. 
  • Looking forward to: As much as I am NOT looking forward to dropping Daphne off at Grandma Camp and being without her for a whole week, I AM looking forward to some alone time with my man. This week has been especially busy for him at work so it will make our little getaway that much sweeter. We have an ongoing list of restaurants and hangout spots that we plan to hit, we're staying in the same hotel that we stayed in during our first wedding anniversary and we have a maternity photoshoot scheduled! During the back half of our baby moon he will be playing for a worship pastors conference and I'm so excited that my parents will be coming! It will be the last time I get to see them before they're coming into town for Levi's birth! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Joy's Story

Glory's Story

The Waiting Room