Another Wagner Baby: 22 Weeks


  • How far along: 22 weeks! 
  • Gender: Were having a boy, Levi Allen!
  • Weight gain: I didn't gain any weight this week, but my overall weight gain is at +8 lbs! 
  • Maternity clothes: I'm feeling pretty big and I have one pair of maternity jeans that I wear all the time so I went out this week and picked up another pair at Target. The new jeans are a full panel and my old maternity jeans are a midi band. I've been comfortably wearing most of my maternity tops as well, but some regular tops still fit. 
  • Stretch marks: Not yet! 
  • Belly button in or out: Its still 'in' but its really flat! 
  • Sleep: Ever since my first panic attack I have had days, moments or even days in a row where I feel a tight, anxious feeling in my chest and I feel my heart pounding like its beating too fast or too hard. It's like the beginning of a panic attack and I can typically keep it at bay but I know what it is which ironically makes me feel more anxiety. For some reason around bedtime this week I have had this tight feeling in my chest and it makes it difficult to fall asleep. I have been taking magnesium supplements, putting magnesium oil on my feet, and applying peace and calming - which I guess all helps eventually to put me to sleep. But I haven't really been sleeping all that well. I've also been sick with a cold/cough this week, which is perhaps making my asthma symptomatic which is making my chest feel tight. It's all a big awful cycle.  
  • Best moment this week: We went to the zoo this week and it was wonderful! It was such a beautiful day for it and Daphne really seemed to enjoy herself. I feel like at her age its still paying $30 to go on a walk but she did get to see some animals and she picked out an elephant stuffed toy at the gift shop! Saturdays are usually work days for our family, so it was nice to spend some time together and get away for a few hours. 

  • Worst moment this week: We have been weaning Daphne from her pacifier this week. We have had days where she has done really well with it and days where she hasn't so much. She threw a temper tantrum one day this week and I did not respond well and it just put a big load of "mommy guilt" on the whole day. I just felt awful about it, my husband tried to comfort me by reminding me that "she has the memory of a goldfish, so she probably doesn't even remember any of it!" Hah! 
  • Miss anything: Copious amounts of coffee. I have been really craving coffee lately and even though I believe that a cup or two of coffee a day while you're pregnant isn't the worst thing, I have been wanting like 3 or 4 cups, which I feel like I shouldn't have because I think thats a bit too much caffeine during my pregnancy and also my anxiety leaves me high-strung at all times, my heart starts pounding like crazy when I get too much coffee. 
  • Movement: Carson felt Levi for the first time this week! I had pretty much a whole bag of M&M's one night (don't judge)....and Levi just started going crazy with big, strong kicks! I feel his kicks/movements less than I did with Daphne which could be a combination of my anterior placenta and the fact that he might just be moving around less than she did.  
  • Symptoms: Cramps, sore back, braxton hicks, exhaustion - for the most part I've felt pretty good this week!
  • Cravings: M&Ms, sour punch straws, Torchys Tacos, avocados and coffee. 
  • Queasy or sick: Neither!
  • Looking forward to: Refreshing our memory with our Lamaze material from the class we took at the hospital when we were pregnant with Daphne! We're going to basically go through the book/our notes together and try to remember everything we learned almost 2 years ago, I'm definitely nervous to experience a different birth - Daphne's was just everything I had hoped and prayed for. I'm hoping and praying that Levi's birth will be similar or at least a positive experience! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Joy's Story

Glory's Story

The Waiting Room