Another Wagner Baby: 18 Weeks


  • How far along: 18 weeks! 
  • Gender: I have been saying all along what gender I think we're having, however in our last sonogram appointment our tech guessed the opposite of what I was thinking (although she wasn't entirely sure herself)! So now there is a little bit more drama and suspense for when we find out in a week and a half! I'm so excited!
  • Weight gain: I had a weight check yesterday and I was so confident that I would walk in, get weighed and then get fussed at. But she was actually happy with my weight gain! I'm honestly not really stressed about it anymore, I'm eating frequent meals more because I'm trying to curb the dizziness than I am trying to gain weight. I have gained 1 lb. this week putting my total weight gain at 0, but it's only up from here! 
  • Maternity clothes: Maternity jeans, leggings and sweats. I've seen some really cute maternity tops online, but I'm really not big enough yet to splurge on them. 
  • Stretch marks: None from this baby! Daphne has however forever left her "mark" on me ;-) I've been using coconut oil and moringa body butter to prevent. 
  • Belly button in or out: In but very shallow.
  • Sleep: Sleep has been much easier lately, however I am now at the point in pregnancy where I usually get up once or twice during the night to use the bathroom. But I have been falling asleep quickly and waking up rested! 
  • Best moment this week: We got to see baby!! I have been experiencing a sharp pain near my belly button several times this past week followed by a couple hours of cramping. Cramping always makes me nervous at this point in pregnancy so I called my OB and she recommended doing a sonogram just to make sure everything is okay with baby. Our sonogram tech seemed to be new at the job so she was taking her time and even took a guess at the gender and then immediately recanted haha! But because she was taking her time we got to see baby for about 45 minutes straight! It was awesome. 

  • Worst moment this week: There have been a few this week. We've gotten some difficult news from some of our family members about a health struggle. And I've also just had some personal things that I'm working through and being a hormonal pregnant lady doesn't really benefit me. 
  • Miss anything: Nothing really this week!
  • Movement: I found out at my last appointment that my placenta is anterior which explains why I haven't been able to feel strong kicks with my hands. I can still feel movement and even pops and kicks but I haven't been able to place my hand on my belly and feel a kick! Can't wait for that thing to get outta the way!
  • Symptoms: Lower back pain, some dizziness (not as bad as it was before), hemorrhoids (I never got these while I was pregnant with Daphne, so this was a not so fun thing to add to the already long list of how this pregnancy is totally different than mine with her), emotional, pains associated with belly/uterus stretching, cramping, Braxton Hicks (yeah, who knew you could get these so early....).
  • Cravings: Pop chips (salt + pepper flavor), Pappadeaux, 5 Guys and salad from Salata! 
  • Queasy or sick: Neither! 
  • Looking forward to: Hopefully finding out what we're having on February 12th during our anatomy scan! I'm really hoping that baby is cooperative! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Joy's Story

Glory's Story

Erin Condren Iphone Case Review + Golden Ticket