Another Wagner Baby: Week 14


  • How far along: 14 weeks! 
  • Gender: I have felt like I knew from the beginning what we were having, and we did get a "guess" from our sonogram tech at our 12 week appointment. But we don't officially find out until 20 weeks. 
  • Weight gain: As of 8 weeks I had lost 12 lbs. (I opted to take progesterone supplements during the first trimester, as I did with Daphne's pregnancy - which intensified the nausea). By 10 weeks I had gained 5 lbs., but now at 14 weeks I have lost another 5 lbs. So I'm back at having lost a total of 12 lbs. so far. 
  • Maternity clothes: I have been hanging out at the house most of the time so I've really been in leggings and pajama pants mostly. However I do have my maternity pants from my pregnancy with Daphne which I have been wearing but the band feels too tight, I purchased the next size up but now they're too big. So I need to find a good pair of maternity jeans that doesn't dig into my baby bump! 
  • Stretch marks: Yes, but I don't think they're from this pregnancy yet. 
  • Belly button in or out: In.
  • Sleep: I've just recently started not sleeping very well. I started diffusing peace + calming and I think that that's helping. I've been waking up throughout the night laying on my back and it's just felt uncomfortable. I've been trying to keep myself on my side, which I'm sure one of those fancy pregnancy pillows would help with! 
  • Best moment this week: Our best friends got back into town! We had dinner at their place on Monday night and it was so great to catch up and chat about our pregnancies (our babies are due about 6 weeks apart!). 
  • Worst moment this week: Ironically, I've been feeling better this week but we had to make a trip to the ER because of a panic/asthma attack. On NYE I began to feel like I was having the worst heartburn of my life, I took some tums and laid down for a bit. I soon began to feel really short of breath, like I was suffocating. I started to panic which only made it harder to breath. I had Carson call 911 and as they dispatched an ambulance, Carson gave me my rescue inhaler. The ambulance arrived and after about 5 minutes I started to feel like I could breathe better. After another 5 minutes I was feeling much better, but because of the baby they recommended that we go get checked out at the ER. After a couple hours we FINALLY got to see and hear our sweet baby's heartbeat (168)! It was definitely a scary night but reassuring to know that baby was doing great! 
  • Miss anything: MY MOM! I give her such a hard time because I wish she was here right now but I seriously do miss her! She just brings a get-things-done attitude with her, not to mention she makes the best food in the world! 
  • Movement: None yet! 
  • Symptoms: Sore boobs, mild cramping/pressure, heartburn/acid reflux, lower back pain, queasiness, intense gag reflex.
  • Cravings: I haven't had any crazy pregnancy cravings yet. I mean, I have cravings all the time, even when I'm not pregnant! 
  • Queasy or sick: During week 12 I started to feel better and started eating/drinking normally again. However I've recently felt queasy, probably because I switched from the gummy prenatal vitamins I was taking during the first trimester to the "real" pill ones a few days this week. Yuck. 
  • Looking forward to: Finding out what gender we're having! I have a feeling that I know what we're having, but I can't wait to just know for sure! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Joy's Story

Glory's Story

Glorifying God with My Emotions