Daphne Anne: Eight Months



Weight: She doesn't have another appointment until May, so I guess I'll find out then. I feel like she's around 16 lbs. 

Height: Finding out in May! 

Sleep: She's down to about 2.5 naps a day. She takes her morning nap for about 1.5 - 2 hours and her afternoon nap can vary between 1-2 hours. She also takes a little cat nap before dinner, probably for about 30-45 min. She goes to bed between 7:00-7:30 pm and has been waking up between 9:00-9:30 am. Since it's a bit warmer we've started using this Aden + Anais sleep sack. She's had a couple rough nights where she'll wake up crying and we'll go in there and hold her to calm her down and then put her back in her crib. Sometimes that only makes it worse, I think she might be getting a tooth so I'm sure that has something to do with it. Overall, we're very thankful for our easy sleeper!

Eating: Daphne nurses every 2.5 - 3 hours, for about 5 minutes on one side. I never though I would love nursing as much as I do, it's going to be a sad day for me whenever she's weaned. She has about 4 oz. of baby food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I feed her the solids about 45 min. to an hour after nursing. She still LOVES food. But we have discovered the one flavor so far that she does not like - green beans. She'll still eat it, but she makes the craziest faces while trying to swallow it! I've also been trying to introduce water in a sippy cup. She hasn't quite gotten the hang of it yet, but she loves to chomp on the sippy part and she usually gets some water that way. I've stopped giving her teething crackers after a few scary choking incidents. I know it takes awhile for babies to get over the gag and choking phase but it just makes me uncomfortable. So we're waiting a bit longer to do finger foods.



Diapers: Size two! 

Clothes: She wears mostly 6-9 months, but while going through some of her clothes I discovered that some of her pants are 3 months - and they fit her! My little skinny minnie! 

Mood: Oh my....where to begin. I remember when she was around 3-4 months thinking that she might have my husband's personality - quite, reserved, a bit shy, very thoughtful. Now...not so much. She's still relatively happy and loves to smile and laugh! But she has recently starting doing this thing where she yells a ninja-like scream and makes two fist and slams them on the ground, while her furrowed brow burns hatred into your soul. So....there's that. She's me. Thanks Mom for praying that I'd have a daughter just like me - this oughta be fun. 

That big ol' smile! Gah! I love it. 

Scout is sooooo over this whole take-pictures-with-Daphne thing. 


Loves:
- Her Scout, my old teddy bear and her two wubbanubs. She cuddles all four of them while she sleeps! And if I put her into her crib and she's not holding one of them, she will look around the crib till she finds it and grabs it. It's kinda cute. 
- The mirror. Our go-to for neutralizing a tantrum.  
- Her vanity. This is HANDS-DOWN the best toy purchase I have ever made. 
- Larry Lamb. It's hilarious the things that come out of your mouth once you're a parent. I think every time we leave the house, one of us asks "Do you have Larry and Scout?". A few times we have forgotten Larry and boy did we pay for it. 
- Books. Her favs: Goodmorning, Goodnight (I literally have this one memorized), Daddy Hugs, and all the favorites from last month. I have a growing list on Amazon of all the new books I want to buy for her!
- Music. It's definitely our go-to for calming her down. She still listens to Bethany Dillon all night long! And I've definitely heard Daddy's version of "Edelweiss" coax her back to sleep more than once!
- Doc McStuffins. I turn this on in the morning after she wakes up and whenever she hears "And now, get ready for Doc McStuffins!" she literally grins from ear to ear and starts bouncing when she hears the theme song! Adorable! 
- Watching videos of herself. My husband discovered this little trick. She just thinks she's the best thing ever. 
- Momma. She is definitely a Momma's girl for now, which I am totally cherishing because I have a feeling - if she's anything like me - we won't be best friends during her teenage years. 
- Rolling. She isn't crawling yet, but she loves to roll around the room! 
- Certain songs we sing to her. She loves "Jesus Loves Me", the obedience song that I learned in Sunday School circa 1995, "Snuggle Bunny" and a song I made up for her for when she's finished her meal (mostly to distract her from the fact that there is no more food left) called "Clean Plate Ranger". 


Doesnt Love:
-  Trying to crawl. I have countless videos of Daphne in utter despair at not being able to reach a desired object, because she can't (or won't) crawl. It can get a bit dramatic. 
- New people. She has developed little relationships with our nursery workers (Ms. Lacey and Ms. Francis), some of my friends, and family but if she meets someone new she just stares them down and it usually takes a bit for her to warm up to them. She's definitely not instant friends with everybody. 
- Having her diaper changed right after waking up. She screams and screams until you pick her back up! 
- Not getting something she wants. It doesn't happen often, but it's a not-so-gentle reminder that we have entered the age of "No"...which from what I hear, never really ends. 


While I was snapping these pictures, Daphne had to poo. 
She was quite proud when she was all  finished!
She wanted to tell Scout all about it! 


What I Want to Remember:

- How she straddles my lap while facing me and lays her head against my chest and just hums. It's the sweetest thing ever. I swear time stops when she does it. 
- How happy she is when we pick her up from the nursery. I usually carry her out to the car and I throw her in the air and give her a million kisses - we usually get the sweetest laughs around this time. 
- The rush of pride I got when she sat on her hands and knees for the first time. She still hasn't crawled yet, but in that moment I have never been more proud of her!
- When she gets distracted while she's nursing and then decides she wants more milk and how crazy she looks going back for more!
- How her little legs kick when Carson brings her to me to nurse, this girl loves to eat! 
- All the weird little sounds she makes! When she cries, she channels her inner wookie. When she sees someone/something she's excited about it she does this weird grunt thing, that honestly makes  her look a little ravenous. When she plays or when she's upset she blows the most intense raspberries. She's recently started making this weird fizzing noise. She also enjoys oinking like a pig while she plays. When she's startled, she just looks up and goes "Ada". She's basically hilarious to watch play. 
- Her magical smile. This is not her regular adorable smile, this smile is when she squints her eyes and scrunches her nose. She smiles like this and I melt and give her anything she wants. 


Looking Forward To:

- Watching her crawl for the first time
- Giving her finger foods
- Planning her first birthday party - it'll be here before we know it
- Watching her pick up on the small amount of sign language that we've been teaching her
- Going to the pool/beach with her! I've already purchased some adorable bathing suits!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Joy's Story

Glory's Story

The Waiting Room