Daphne Anne: Five Months



Weight: I haven't weighed her since her last appointment. 

Height: I haven't measured her since her last appointment. Bad mom? 

Sleep: Hallelujah for sleeping through the night! Daphne still takes her normal 4-5 naps a day, and she goes to bed around 7:00 pm for the night. We've introduced rice cereal and I think that's helped her feel fuller and stay asleep longer. She wakes up between 3-5 am to nurse and then wakes up for the day around 7-8. 

Eating: She's been going every 2.5-3 hours between feedings. Still nurses on one side for 5 min per feeding. The second-to-last feeding of the day I do only rice cereal mixed with breastmilk and the last feeding of the day I do rice cereal mixed with breastmilk and I nurse her. So she's pretty full and happy at bedtime! 



Diapers: Size one.

Clothing: Her 6 month size sleepers fit her perfectly...which worries me that I'll need to go ahead and get more 9 month sleepers before she outgrows these! She still wears her 3-6 month clothes, but I've had to retire a couple things that just run smaller. 

Mood: Daphne has only recently (like in the past few days) been able to let someone else hold her without her bursting into tears. For the majority of the past few weeks, she has only wanted me or my husband holding her. Even over Christmas with his family - she wouldn't let anyone else hold her! But when we're home, just the two of us, she is a sweet and LOUD little girl! She just jabbers and entertains herself! 

Loves:

- Doc McStuffins. I'm still letting her watch this show in the morning and she loves all the songs!  
- Bathtime. Daphne is so strong, when she splashes I'm soaked! But she absolutely loves it and she loves her new bath toys (foam letters) that we got her for Christmas!
- Larry Lamb. We can't leave home without it. 
- Exercauser. She has started to bounce and become really active in the exercauser! It's fun to watch her discover how to play with her toys! She's also learned how to get the music to play...so that's fun. 
- Books. Especially eating them. But she does love it when we read to her!
- Music. Gosh this girl loves music!! I play the Disney spotify playlist or any Hillsong kids album and she instantly calms down (or starts bouncing!). She went to her first concert last week (Sounds of Liberty...who else?!) and she was dancing and jabbering, she loved it!
- Flying Squirrel. This is a little game that my Dad used to play with me and my siblings and now I do it with Daphne! 
- Her voice. Now that Daphne has discovered her voice...she just loves to use it. I can't wait to hear her say words!

Doesnt Love:

- Nursery. She hasn't loved being in the nursery AT ALL. I'm usually paged within minutes. However thanks to the amazing nursery coordinators at our church - I put her in last week and she did amazing! I'm looking forward to participating in services and knowing that my girl is enjoying herself!
- Not being swaddled. Now that she's rolling over more, I'm trying to transition her completely away from the swaddle (we use the Halo sack) but she is not a fan. 

They are SO OVER the picture taking. 

What I Want to Remember:

- How she scratches everything! It's actually hilarious. She scratches the couch, the chair, the carpet...anything and everything!
- Taking naps with her on the couch. She's all bundled up and she fits so perfectly in my arms. These days of napping with Mom won't be forever - I never want to forget.
- Her laugh. Oh it's music to my ears. I think it's safe to say that I spend the majority of my day trying to get her to laugh.
- That BIG smile when she sees me and knows it's me and wants me to hold her.
- How she's still so little. She's gotten so much bigger but she still needs and wants me to hold her. She still loves when we rock and sing. She still fits in my arms so sweetly. She's so tiny.
- How she loves to grab our faces. It's adorable watching her reach up for my husband's face. 

Looking Forward To:

- When she can sit up completely on her own.
- When she starts saying little words.
- When we can start introducing other foods.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Joy's Story

Glory's Story

Erin Condren Iphone Case Review + Golden Ticket