Daphne Anne: Four Months


Weight: 13 lbs. 4 oz. (31% - our skinny minnie)

Height: 25.4 in. (89% tall and skinny - she's a Wagner!)

Sleep: Daphne still takes pretty regular naps during the day, probably about 4 or 5. We've completely transitioned her into her crib (it's SO nice to have our bedroom back!) and she goes down for the night between 7:00-7:30. She wakes up around 3 am and 6 am to nurse and then she goes right back to sleep. Every once in awhile she'll only wake up once, but its usually twice. For the most part, she's a pretty easy sleeper!

Eating: Now that she's sleeping longer at night, she nurses every 2 hours during the day. She nurses on one side per feeding for about 10-15 min. 


Diapers: Size one.

Clothing: I've had to bite the bullet and get rid of her 3 month sleepers, they were some of my favorites so it was kinda difficult. She still fits in size 3-6 onesies and pants, but she's too long for the 3 month sleepers. 

Mood: She is loving mom and dad right now, she pretty much hates everybody else. Every time I put her in the nursery, I'm paged within 20 minutes. I come back to find her SCREAMING and the nursery workers looking at me terrified and worn out. The next few hours are spent with her recovering and gasping in my arms. She's still a pretty happy and observant baby but if she doesn't like something, then she DOES NOT like it. It's quite shocking how quickly she can go from content to totally and completely inconsolable. 

Loves:

- Doc McStuffins. I started to feel guilty about how mesmerized my kid was by TV, so I've limited her to one show once a day. 
- Daniel Tiger. This show is precious! It's a spin-off of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. 
- Cell phones. All I have to do is pull out my phone to check the time and she is glued to it! My sisters bought her a play cell phone that sings, and she loves it! 
- Bathtime. She is getting so strong, so when she splashes - I'm pretty much soaked. But she absolutely loves it, so I guess it's okay...
- Larry Lamb. I didn't think there was a difference between the lamb wubbanub and the dog wubbanub but there totally is. For instance....Daphne doesn't like the dog wubbanub. ONLY Larry. And so it begins. 
- Solly Baby Wrap. I didn't really use this wrap all the time when she was really little but now that she has complete head control and a constant need to be entertained, we LOVE it. We go for walks in it, dance around the room, do dishes, fold laundry...and she just observes everything. 
- Exercauser. She is getting so much stronger and loves sitting up, she's also started reaching and grabbing for things so her exercauser is our go-to for entertainment!
- Books. Our favorites include; "Daddy Hugs" and "You are My I Love You". 
- Music. Especially Colbie Caillat and Brooke Fraser ;-)

Doesnt Love:

- Strangers. And pretty much everyone that isn't mom or dad is a stranger. She's finally gotten to where she doesn't look at my best friend and scream...
- Missing nap time. When I miss her cues for naptime, she is just done. I mean, it's all over. So we really try not to do that. 
- Getting ready for bed. It's actually kind of funny, I know she's exhausted but the second I lay her down to get swaddled she just screams! Once she's being rocked to sleep, she's all good. 

What I Want to Remember:

- That big, first thing in the morning, smile. 
- How she holds onto my neck while we dance around the room. 
- When she smiles through the paci. Adorable. 
- Whenever we leave a room, I have her turn out the lights. Her little tiny fingers trying to figure out how to grab the switch are precious. And when she finally pulls it down, I know this is stupid, but I feel so proud of her! 
- Every once in awhile, I can get her to laugh! It's my favorite sound in the world. Nothing compares. 
- Sometimes she picks up her legs and slams them down on the crib mattress....in her sleep. The first time she did it, we were at my parents' house and she slammed them down like 4 times! My husband and I were laughing so hard!

Looking Forward To:

- Her laughing more often!
- When she can start sitting up completely on her own. 
- When she starts taking less feedings during the night. 

This picture perfectly describes their relationship. Daphne loves watching Scout and Scout pretends not to see her while staring at me. 


Daphne is currently recovering from her shots this morning, poor thing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Joy's Story

Glory's Story

Erin Condren Iphone Case Review + Golden Ticket