Daphne Anne: Three Months



Weight: I haven't weighed her in a while but the last time I believe it was somewhere around 12 lbs. 

Height: Haven't measured her...bad Mom? 

Sleep: After her 7:00 pm feeding, she would go to sleep until about 3:00 or 5:00 am. I would feed her again and then put her back in her bassinet and then she would wake again around 7:00-9:00 am. But for the past week its been pretty rough (I'm assuming growth spurt). She has been having a pretty hard time going to sleep after a 7:00 pm feeding, she would usually FINALLY be asleep by 9:00. And then she's been waking up around 12:00-1:00 am wanting to nurse and then again around 4:00 am. then she would wake up for the day around 6:00 am. I'm really hoping she gets back to her old routine soon! 

Eating: She goes about 2 1/2 - 3 hours between feedings and feeds for about 10-20 minutes on one side per feeding. 

Diapers: She's still in size 1 diapers!

Clothing: She fits best in most 0-3 months clothes but we have a few 3-6 months that she wears. 

Mood: She's generally a happy baby, and very observant. She loves to sit facing the room, watching Disney movies. However, she has developed this piercing scream and fussiness which she only debuts in someone else's arms. She's definitely developing her own personality (I see a future little ham...)

Loves:

- Watching TV. Call me a bad Mom, but I put on a movie for her and give her her paci and she can sit there almost the whole time!
- Bathtime. It's still her favorite! She's recently discovered kicking and splashing so we'll just sit her in there with a few toys and she just entertains herself the whole time!
- Wubbanub. She's totally hooked on her paci. I don't know what we would do without it!
- Her swing. Otherwise known as 'my saving grace'.
- Tummy time. She's gotten better at tummy time and actually enjoys it for a bit! She especially loves tummy time on Mom or Dad!
- Reading time. Oh I love that she loves being read to! Before bed we read her a few stories and she just stares at the pages...presh. 

Doesnt Love:

- Strangers. Like I said, she has started to do this high-pitched, super loud scream whenever we leave her with someone or someone else picks her up. I feel bad, but sometimes its kinda funny. The girl can go from 0 to 100 in a second! (Wonder where she gets that from....)
- Missing naptime. She has a pretty loose schedule but she usually takes a nap about an hour or so after every feeding and if for some reason we miss it...it's bad. 



What I Want to Remember:

- Those big ears of hers. Gosh they are so precious!
- How quick she is to smile.
- When she "talks", she blows 'raspberries', and grunts and coos! I love it.
- Whenever we try to get her to sleep for bedtime, usually about the second time we have to pick her up and start all over, I'll be rocking and singing to her and I'll look down and that girl is WIDE AWAKE and just smiling at me. Hah! Even though I'm frustrated that she's not sleeping I can't help but smile and laugh at that big ol' grin.
- When she looks down at her hands and you can see her realize that she's the one moving them. It's hilarious! She's still not reaching for things or grabbing, but she is slowly but surely discovering her little hands.


Looking Forward To:

- The first time she reaches for something!
- Her starting to sit up better.
- Her getting back to her old routine during the night! (And then I'm sure right when she gets it down, she will start teething and then we're back to square one....oh parenthood!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Joy's Story

Glory's Story

Glorifying God with My Emotions