39 Week Bump Update


  • How far along: 39 weeks
  • Gender: Girl
  • Weight gain: I've gained 3.8 lbs. this week. My overall weight gain is 11.6 lbs.
  • Maternity clothes: Still wearing my maternity shirts and shorts, occasionally my maxi skirts. I've been doing so much walking that it's mostly comfortable to wear my shorts and t-shirts. 
  • Stretch Marks: Two marks on either side of my belly. It's been super itchy this week, making me wonder if I have more stretch marks to expect!
  • Belly button in or out: In. 
  • Sleep: Although I have to go to the bathroom frequently throughout the night and have the usual contractions that can wake me up, I have actually been sleeping just fine. It's ridiculously uncomfortable to turn into any different positions, but other than that - I'm grateful for these last few weeks of good sleep. 
  • Best moment this week: We recorded a few songs for Daphne this week! My Mom wrote the sweetest lullaby for her a couple months ago, it's seriously the most beautiful + catchy song ever! I was also able to record myself singing "You're the Best Song" by Bethany Dillon for Daphne, every time I hear this song it brings tears to my eyes. 
  • Worst moment this week: These last few weeks have just been pretty hard. My body has basically been in labor for the past 5 weeks, which has just made me really uncomfortable. It's also been difficult this week because we've had to start discussing the possibility of inducing after 41 weeks - I just never thought we'd need to consider it (neither have my doctors!). I would love to go into labor naturally, which is why I've been doing everything I can to try to induce naturally. I've been a bit sensitive to other people's comments about it all. Just praying that she comes on her own, but I'm also trying to accept the fact that if we need to induce at 41 weeks - then that's what we'll do and it will be fine. 
  • Miss anything: I miss not feeling like I'm in labor all the time. I'm definitely at that point where I'm sick of reading into every symptom and counting contractions - ready to have this baby! 
  • Movement: I honestly am grateful that Daphne has been so active, even in these last few weeks. She has the hiccups about twice a day, and has strong movements early in the morning and late at night. It makes me feel better knowing that she's still doing great in there! 
  • Symptoms: Major fatigue, nesting, irritability, contractions, lower back pain, menstrual-like cramps, some abdominal pains, excessive mucus and sore feet, legs and back. 
  • Cravings: Chocolate! I don't normally eat a lot of chocolate, but I've needed to have caramel milk chocolate in the house at all times.  
  • Queasy or sick: I've had some queasy moments this week, peppermint oil has been my best friend.
  • Looking forward to: Skin to skin! I mean I'm also looking forward to how exactly I'll go into labor (praying for an easy vaginal delivery!), and when! But my Mom has encouraged me that the moment that they lay Daphne on my chest, it will be so unreal and I'll begin to understand the love that Mothers have for their children. I can't wait to love on this girl. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glory's Story

The Waiting Room

Birth Story: Levi Allen