34 Week Bump Update


  • How far along: 34 weeks! 
  • Gender: We're having a girl!
  • Weight gain: Well apparently my scale has actually been correct these past few weeks. I knew it was common to lose some weight right before labor, but I guess I just thought 34 weeks was a little early. I've lost 3.6 lbs. this week, which puts my overall weight gain at 3.2 lbs. 
  • Maternity clothes: Because I've been on bed rest for the majority of this week, I've been wearing nightgowns and big t-shirts. However I did get all dolled up for my shower on Sunday night! 
  • Stretch Marks: None yet, still using my coconut oil! 
  • Belly button in or out: In. 
  • Sleep: With the exception of having to use the restroom about every hour and a half....I've actually been sleeping really well lately. And a lot. Maybe it's because I'm in bed/on the couch most of the time these days but I've been sleeping the majority of the day away! I'm hoping it's because Daphne is working hard to develop those lungs and gain some more weight!
  • Best moment this week: Two big moments this week! Because I've been experiencing early labor symptoms, our doctor wanted to do a sonogram to measure her growth and make sure baby girl is happy in there! So we got to see our little girl again, granted she didn't hold still long enough for them to get a good picture for us, but she is quite content and I can't wait to kiss those sweet cheeks! And then obviously another big highlight for this week was our baby shower! Loved celebrating Daphne Anne with our sweet friends! 
  • Worst moment this week: It wasn't really a 'moment' but I've just been experiencing a lot of emotions + anxiety this week, with having early labor symptoms. My hubby has been so great, but let's face it, life has to go on for him and I'm stuck here in bed just trying to get my mind off of the fact that I'm on bed rest because my baby wants to come earlier than she should! Literally all of my devotionals this week have been speaking of God's perfect timing, trusting God's plan and His sovereignty. So we trust that God's got our little girl. But it's still a big prayer of ours that she holds out until at least week 37, so her lungs are more developed! Prayers are appreciated! 
  • Miss anything: Still pretty uncomfortable, and my back hurts a lot these days. 
  • Movement: Oh yeah, she's having a grand ol' time in there and moves all the time. I do cherish those moments when I'm assuming she's sleeping and I try to take a little nap myself. It's hard to nap when you've got weird alien-like movements and spasms going on on your bladder. We also discovered that Daphne has dropped and her head is so far down that the sonogram technician couldn't get a good measurement, she commented about how I must need to go to the bathroom a lot. Thank you Daphne. 
  • Symptoms: Fatigue, moodiness (it's been really hard to reign in my emotions this week!), hunger, indigestion, difficulty breathing, frequent Braxton Hicks contractions, menstrual-like cramps, diarrhea/loose stool, more mucus, light spotting, leaky boobs and sore feet. 
  • Cravings: No weird cravings. However, I did ask my hubby to make me an omelette at 11:30 pm this weekend. He looked at me like I was crazy, but then that boy made the BEST omelette for me, he's a keeper. 
  • Queasy or sick: I only feel nauseous when I'm suuuper hungry.
  • Looking forward to: We're taking a babycare basics class at our hospital this week and I'm so excited to learn + feel better prepared to take the best care of our girl! I'm also excited to watch my hubby change diapers -- that man cracks me up. 
Thanks for reading! I also packed my hospital bag this week, if you haven't already read my post, go check it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Joy's Story

Glory's Story

Erin Condren Iphone Case Review + Golden Ticket