29 Week Bump Update + Hospital Bag Advice


  • How far along: 29 weeks! 
  • Gender: Girl!
  • Weight gain: I've gained 1.4 lbs this week. Overall weight gain is 5.6 lbs. 
  • Maternity clothes: I purchased a pair of maternity shorts this week and another maternity t-shirt, definitely both needed. 
  • Stretch Marks: None so far. I really do recommend coconut oil to help prevent stretch marks! I use 'help prevent' very loosely, because I'll probably wake up with a road map on my belly at week 37. 
  • Belly button in or out: In. 
  • Sleep: Oh sleep. I've been super tired this week, like can-barely-walk-up-the-stairs tired. But for some reason, I haven't been falling asleep very quickly at night. When I do get to sleep, I don't usually wake up until about 6 or 7. But for some reason falling asleep has been a challenge. Maybe it's just all the things-to-do bouncing around in my head! It doesn't help that Daphne's favorite place to be lately has been all the way over on my right side, taking up the space from my ribs to my pelvic bone...not too comfortable for Momma. 
  • Best moment this week: This is going to sound so ridiculous but one of the best moments this week was my surprise facial at Origins! I went in to purchase another GinZing moisturizer (my current fav) and found out that they offer FREE FACIALS...whenever the heck you want! So I plopped my fanny down and spent the next hour or so being pampered in the world's most comfy reclining chair. It was heaven. And you can bet your britches I made an appointment for another one in a few weeks. I had to really stop myself from walking down to Brookstone and finishing the day off with a relaxing nap in one of their massage chairs. Who needs to pay for a massage these days?! 
  • Worst moment this week: I've been really battling the "prego-tantrum" as I so fondly refer to them. There is no middle ground to the anger. If someone sets me off...my poor husband never hears the end of it. The first step is acknowledging you have a problem. It's either everything-is-perfect-and-I-love-everybody or it is this...
  • Miss anything: Being comfortable. I feel like I've put this before, but man. I had no idea what I was talking about. My belly just feels super tight and I've started experiencing some of those lovely 'lightning crotch' symptoms. Yay. 
  • Movement: I feel like Daphne sometimes 'vibrates', I know that must sound super weird. But she's always moving and kicking and every once in awhile I'll feel what seems like vibrating or maybe just really fast kicking (future soccer star?). Mommas, did you feel this? Is it normal? Oh and lots and lots of hiccups! 
  • Symptoms: Fatigue, sore breasts, tight belly, 'lightning crotch' (again, yay), hunger, indigestion, difficulty falling asleep, mild acid reflux, mild constipation, leg pain, itchy belly and frequent potty breaks. 
  • Cravings: I may or may not have pitched a tiny little fit at Chick Fil A because we arrived at 10:37 and they refused to serve us breakfast. I'm pretty sure my husband was actually a little embarrased, but see image above if you wanted to know what I was feeling. But then they gave me a chicken biscuit for free, so all was right in the world. I've also been having very strong cravings for Chick Fil A chocolate shakes, like all day long. But look how happy I am! 
  • Queasy or sick: Just feeling too full, or having indigestion. What has seemed to help me most is just smelling my peppermint oil, does the trick every time. 
  • Looking forward to: Oh so many things! A local photographer wants to expand her portfolio and is offering us a free maternity session next week, our maternity pictures with Jake Ford Photography should be finished in a couple weeks, our breastfeeding class is coming up soon, our 4 year anniversary is coming up and we start our Lamaze classes in June! 

I'm starting to plan out what to purchase/bring to the hospital with us when we deliver! Experienced Mommas + fellow bloggers, what do you advise new Moms to bring? What about the Daddy bag and items for baby? 

Comments

  1. You look great! Totally understand the tantrums! I'm quite delightful--particularly when food is involved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was hilarious, you have a great sense of humor! You look great and I am envious of your free facial!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Glory's Story

The Waiting Room

Birth Story: Levi Allen