24 Week Bump Update


  • How far along: 24 weeks! 
  • Gender: We're having a girl, Daphne Anne!
  • Weight gain: 2 lbs. gained this week. Overall weight gain/loss: -1 lb. 
  • Maternity clothes: I haven't purchased any more maternity clothes, but I feel like I might need to. My legs swelled up after standing for too long this past week and it made my favorite maternity skinny jeans a bit too small around the calves. I may want to move up a size, just to prepare for the swelling/weight gain...cuz that was uncomfortable. 
  • Stretch marks: None yet, I had my doctor check for a navel hernia at my last appointment because the skin around my belly button was so tight it was painful. No hernia, just stretching skin. So that's fun. 
  • Belly button in or out: In. 
  • Sleep: This has been the most uncomfortable week of sleep since my first trimester! I've been dealing with swollen legs and feet, difficulty breathing and difficulty digesting. It's made it difficult to get to sleep and stay asleep. 
  • Best moment this week: Easter is probably one of my all-time favorite holidays! I love celebrating the risen Savior and the salvation He offers! I also love a good excuse to eat good food and hang out with friends. I made a big dinner for Easter Sunday but what I was most looking forward to was dessert, I made my Momma's famous dirt cake. It was perfect.
  • Worst moment this week: Dealing with all of the uncomfortableness has been rough. It's hard to believe I'm so uncomfortable at only 24 weeks, I can't believe I have 15 weeks left! 
  • Miss anything: Being able to breathe. As an asthmatic, I'm used to difficulty breathing. But this is a whole other ball game, its like all of my insides are being squished up into my lungs and I can't get a good breath for nothin'!
  • Movement: She's still quite active, I'm grateful for every kick!
  • Symptoms: Swollen legs and feet, difficulty breathing, lower back pain, indigestion, difficulty sleeping and feeling every emotion to the tenth degree (poor husband...)
  • Cravings: I haven't really had any cravings this week, although I've definitely wanted more sweets than I usually eat. 
  • Queasy or sick: Neither, just indigestion. But I've been using peppermint oil to help with it. 
  • Looking forward to: Going to Tulsa with my sister-in-law this weekend to help with my other sister-in-law's bridal shower! 
Have a blessed week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glory's Story

The Waiting Room

Birth Story: Levi Allen