23 Week Bump Update



  • How far along: 23 weeks! 
  • Gender: Girl! And after unpacking and organizing all of our baby clothes from our shower last week, I cannot wait to dress up Daphne in all her adorable dresses! So excited to be having a girl!
  • Weight gain: I gained 3.2 lbs this week! Overall weight gain/loss is -3 lbs. If you're wondering how I keep track, I use this app. I blogged about how much I love this pregnancy app, it's my favorite!
  • Maternity clothes: I've started wearing my maternity tops more often this week! I can still wear regular t-shirts, but I tend to look a bit like Juno in them. 
  • Stretch marks: None yet! The skin around my belly button has been super itchy, so I for-see stretch marks in my near future :) I have stepped it up a notch and started using Palmer's Cocoa Butter and coconut oil at night. 
  • Belly button in or out: In. 
  • Sleep: I've been going to bed earlier and earlier as my pregnancy progresses. I'm so tired by the time 9:00 rolls around, and I've been sleeping really well. I still sleep with a pillow between my knees and have been using peace & calming essential oil on my shoulders. I have had to go to the bathroom more frequently during the night this week, not really sure what that's about. 
  • Best moment this week: We purchased the dresser for Daphne's nursery (we're also planning to use the top of it as a changing table), and my wonderful husband put it all together for me and it looks wonderful! It kinda sparked something inside of him to start purchasing everything else for the nursery. So this weekend we found curtains, curtain rods, an ottoman, side table for the nursing area and a lamp! It's slowly coming together! 
  • Worst moment this week: Well, we filed our taxes this week so...that wasn't really too fun. 
  • Miss anything: Being able to walk around and run errands without being so sore at the end of it! The hubs and I did a lot of errands the other morning and man, it felt like I had just run a marathon! 
  • Movement: All day every day! :) My sister-in-law was able to feel movement the other night! 
  • Symptoms: Less lower back pain than last week, sore legs and feet, tight and uncomfortable belly, fatigue, and moodiness. 
  • Cravings: I haven't had a really intense craving this week. I've been cooking more at home, which has been nice and gives me more control over what we eat that night :) 
  • Queasy or sick: Neither! 
  • Looking forward to: My parents' big gift for Daphne is her crib, I can't wait to set it up in her nursery! There is something surreal about seeing a crib in the nursery...it makes it more and more real. And I'm so thankful for a hubby who can put together all this complicated IKEA furniture with no problem! :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glory's Story

The Waiting Room

Birth Story: Levi Allen