22 Week Bump Update + Baby Shower Pics

This picture was taken at my parents house this week, it was so great to visit with them! 

  • How far along: 22 weeks!
  • Gender: Girl! 
  • Weight gain: I gained 3.6 lbs this week! Overall weight gain/loss is -6.2 lbs. 
  • Maternity clothes: Absolutely. My bump has gotten to the point where regular camis (which I usually wear with everything) are getting to be too short. I still love my maternity jeans and leggings and have started wearing more maternity tops. These are my favorites, I have both patterns.
  • Stretch marks: None yet! 
  • Belly button in or out: In. But oh my word, it is about to disappear, it's so shallow!
  • Sleep: I've slept like a dream this week! We have been on-the-go every day so whenever I slide into bed, I'm out like a light! I've also been using peace & calming essential oil on my shoulders and the bottoms of my feet at night, it really helps to relax me. 
  • Best moment this week: Definitely the baby shower that my Mom and her friends threw for us! They did such a fantastic job, we felt so loved. It was beautiful. Here are some pics!
On the left is my Mom and I, she had the vision for the whole shower and, with the help of her friends, made everything themselves! On the right is the centerpiece that she made! How cool is that?! And yes, she arranged the flowers on top herself. She's awesome. 
                 


On the left is the corsage that my Mom made OUT OF BABY SOCKS. How adorable. On the right is the tower of cupcakes that, of course, she baked with her friends and frosted herself. And yes those are napkins cut into the shape of onesies. 
 


She also made several diaper cakes (which provided us with 235 diapers to use for Daphne!). The one on the left is a little piggy bank (which we plan to use in her nursery) and the one on the right is just ADORABLE. 
              


Our close family friends opened up their home for the shower AND they announced that they were the ones to surprise us with our stroller. We are so incredibly thankful for them. My Mom had this idea to have all the guests decorate quilt squares that she will then sew into a decorative quilt for Daphne, it was so fun reading everyone's messages and prayers for our daughter. However, the quilt square below was my favorite. 
  





   
  • Worst moment this week: Going home to Texas. As much as I love our home and living in Texas, it gets harder and harder to leave my family. At least I know I'll see everyone after Daphne is born!
  • Miss anything: Not having back pain. Sitting in a car for 15 + hours didn't help any either. I plan on making an appointing with my chiropractor for a maternity massage ASAP. 
  • Movement: She's actually been moving a bit less (or maybe I'm just getting used to it), but my Mom and sisters got to feel her tiny kicks! :) 
  • Symptoms: Lower back pain, sore feet, sore legs, fatigue, major hunger, I had swollen ankles after the shower as well. The hormones are still a bit rough, my poor husband. 
  • Cravings: I have literally had my Mom's red chicken stew for lunch and dinner everyday this week. It. Has. Been. Heaven. Dad also took us all to First Watch (one of my FAV breakfast spots), so my cravings have been quite satisfied. 
  • Queasy or sick: Neither! 
  • Looking forward to: Organizing and setting up Daphne's nursery! We're planning on doing a very neutral, gray and white nursery. My Mom actually helped me with a major project for the nursery while we were home. It's absolutely perfect. Also, that woman can do anything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Joy's Story

Glory's Story

Glorifying God with My Emotions