20 Week Bump Update

Yes, I am wearing practically the same outfit as last week. The sweater is a different color, but it's practically the same outfit. I'm pregnant. I'm tired. It is what it is. 

  • How far along: 20 weeks!
  • Gender: WE'RE HAVING A GIRL!! My husband has known from the start that we were having a girl. They told us as early as 13 weeks that it was going to be a girl, it's so crazy that they were right! We cannot wait to welcome our sweet Daphne Anne in a couple months! Dad picked the name! Below is the picture that we used to announce on social media. 
  • Weight gain: 3 lbs. this week! Overall weight gain/loss is -9.6
  • Maternity clothes: Wearing my maternity jeans, leggings and comfy tops. 
  • Stretch marks: None yet...but this belly is getting BIG. I think I've convinced myself that stretch marks wouldn't be the worst thing, it's kinda like a battle wound...you obviously want to avoid it, but if it happens, it's a sign that you've really been through something. :)
  • Belly button in or out: In.
  • Sleep: Oh goodness, little Daphne has been non-stop kicking me all night. It makes it so hard to get comfortable and go to sleep! She is so low, that it literally feels like she's using my bladder as a trampoline/punching bag. Again, I'm grateful for the movement, but I would by lying if I said I wasn't annoyed/irritated by it. 
  • Best moment this week: We had our anatomy scan this week and we got some INCREDIBLE shots of our sweet baby girl! I'm pretty sure this is probably the last time we'll get to see her before we're holding her in our arms. I absolutely love her sweet, pretty face. 
  • Worst moment this week: We miscarried our first child last year. He would've been due in a couple weeks, around April 6. So this week has been hard, dealing with the upheaval of grief of having lost him and just missing and loving this child that I was never able to hold. My husband reminded me that God is taking better care of our little one than we ever could, unfortunately we are left here on earth to toil. We will meet him one day. 
  • Miss anything: I miss being able to sit still and be comfortable. Goodness. Daphne moves constantly. All. Day. Long. And she's so low! So I'm always a bit uncomfortable. 
  • Movement: See above. Daddy has been able to feel her moving and kicking almost every night! 
  • Symptoms: Sore legs, fatigue, hunger, being uncomfortable, dizziness, frequent urination, hormones (oh, the hormones...my poor husband).
  • Cravings: Oh this week has been bad. I've been craving Jimmy's barbecue, a hole in the wall barbecue joint in North Carolina. I've been craving ALL my Momma's food. And on Sunday night I had an inappropriately ravenous craving for Macaroni Grill. Oh Lord....
  • Queasy or sick: I've been feeling pretty good this week!
  • Looking forward to: Going to visit my family next week! I cannot wait to squeeze them! They have been so involved in my pregnancy and have celebrated every little moment with us. I'm so excited to get to see them! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Joy's Story

Glory's Story

Erin Condren Iphone Case Review + Golden Ticket