Blog Changes + 14 Weeks + Pregnancy Tracking

I've been having a bit of an identity crisis with my blog in the past year or so. I've taken to it to announce big things that are happening in our life, but I've been really perplexed about what direction to take the every day posts. 

So for the time being, I've decided to take the lifestyle blogger approach. Discussing beauty, food, baby stuff, family, The Lord and anything else that presents itself as an interesting topic. Stay tuned for potential branding and blog name changes, I hope this little space on the internet proves to be helpful and interesting for you (and me!). I'm also excited to start pregnancy tracking here on my blog, here is my first bump update!


  • How far along: 14 weeks! 
  • Gender: I mean, I have a pretty strong feeling that I know what we're having, but we should find out in a month or so. 
  • Weight gain: HAH! I don't even know how to answer this question. I lost 18 lbs. by week 12 and have gained 2 lbs. since then. 
  • Maternity clothes: I definitely don't feel like I need maternity tops right now, but I did just purchase two pairs of Old Navy maternity jeans and they are HEAVEN. I'm jimmy-rigging my regular jeans so I don't have to button them (TMI?). I pretty much live in pajama pants right now. 
  • Stretch marks: None so far, and I'm rubbing anything and everything all over me to try to prevent them. I've heard this is a lost cause, but please let me live in denial. 
  • Belly button in or out: In, but it's a bit more shallow than normal. 
  • Sleep: I've been waking up a lot more during the night than I ever used to, part of it is that I'm terrified to end up on my stomach and I guess my body knows that and wakes me up with practically every turn. I've started sleeping with a pillow between my knees and that helps keep me on my side.
  • Best moment this week: My best friend's baby shower! Hands down! She is having a little girl (due early March) and I helped host her shower at her church. I am so excited to hold that little one!!
  • Worst moment this week: I've been feeling pretty good for the past two weeks, but one night while the hubs was out of town I got SUPER sick. It was awful. I didn't realize how much I relied on him during those rough nights until I was all alone. And sleeping on the bathroom floor while pregnant -- I would not recommend it. Ouch.
  • Miss anything: Coffee, I used to have at least a cup a day. Once I started feeling sick, coffee sounded awful to me. And now I'm trying to limit my intake but some days it still sounds disgusting. I just miss that burst of caffeine energy and having some with my morning devotions. 
  • Movement: Nope!
  • Symptoms: I've been dealing with dizziness and occasional headaches recently, and can we talk about my poor "girls"? SUPER sore. And the usual aversions to certain foods. 
  • Cravings: I've been craving fish recently, but nothing too crazy. I did sneak a big pack of Sour Punch Straws at the counter the other day with my husband. And they were SO GOOD. 
  • Queasy or sick: Right now it's really been neither, I mean I'm still dealing with food aversions, but I haven't been queasy or sick in about a week! Holla!
  • Looking forward to: Finding out what we're having! I am so excited to start decorating the nursery, and you bet your britches, the day I find out we will begin the process! 

Thanks for stopping by! Click here to see our pregnancy announcement! 

Comments

  1. Thanks for the useful information I would suggest that you learn with this video. Be helpful and get maximum knowledge about the Pregnancy. This Video'll suggest you : Signs of Pregnancy Before Missed Period

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Glory's Story

The Waiting Room

Birth Story: Levi Allen