15 Weeks + Bump Update



  • How far along: 15 weeks! 
  • Gender: We don't know yet, our doctor said that the technician could give us her guess at our 17 week appointment, but we don't officially find out until our anatomy scan at 20 weeks. 
  • Weight gain: Well, I've lost another pound. I just don't understand it! I'm trying to eat often and well, but I guess so is the baby! haha
  • Maternity clothes: I've started exclusively wearing the Old Navy maternity jeans. These are my favorite everyday jeans and these are my favorite "fancy" jeans (which basically just means, I wear them with heels). 
  • Stretch marks: None yet, but I've been experiencing a bit of cramping in my abdominal area. Some of my pregnant/mommy friends have told me that that could be because of the ligaments stretching. Uh oh. 
  • Belly button in or out: In.
  • Sleep: I've actually been getting a good night's rest this week! Still sleeping with a pillow between my knees (and wondering if the pregnancy pillow is worth the investment). I read somewhere that now is when sleeping on my back could reduce the blood flow to the baby, which made me worry, because I often end up on my back. I plan on asking my doctor about how important that is. 
  • Best moment this week: My husband bought me my diaper bag this week! I'm SO excited about it! I've had my eye on this bag for over a year! We also purchased some of our favorite books from our childhood, that we want to read to our child. It was so fun to reminisce and day dream with my hubby!
  • Worst moment this week: One of my closest friends here in Texas just announced that they were leaving our church staff and felt called to minister in New York. Although we had known for awhile, it hit me all over again. I'm going to miss them and their sweet daughter. 
  • Miss anything: Not peeing every 20 minutes. But seriously. I haven't had an issue with that until this week and it's been INSANE. I'm constantly running to the bathroom! 
  • Movement: Not yet! I think I've felt some movement but I can't distinguish between the baby and indigestion. 
  • Symptoms: Sore boobs, headaches whenever I don't drink enough water, I also experienced acid reflux for the first time this week, and have been experiencing mild abdominal cramping/pressure.
  • Cravings: I haven't had any crazy cravings this week! Although I have been eating a lot of pop-tarts, and I don't normally eat those. 
  • Queasy or sick: Neither! Praise. The. Lord. 
  • Looking forward to: Going home to visit my family in April! Can't wait to experience the baby's movements and kicks with my Mom! And go shopping, of course. 
If you haven't already, check out my Pinterest! Thanks for stopping by! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glory's Story

The Waiting Room

Birth Story: Levi Allen