Why I'm Participating in No Makeup November

We live in a culture that tells us that without a little concealer and mascara, we don't look good enough. We live in a society where women suffer from Makeup Agoraphobia, leaving them unable to leave the house without makeup. I live in a world where precious 12 year old girls are already being told that beauty is something to be bought. We are creating a generation of insecure women with distorted identities.

I am not against makeup! I'm actually a huge fan (you've seen my makeup organization post). And I think that's a big reason why I'm participating in No Makeup November. 

I'm one of those girls who feels more confident when I have a full face of makeup on. I want to look good on the outside because it will make me feel good inside. There's something completely unbiblical about that mindset. God's Word says,

"Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain. But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised." Proverbs 31:30

I am taking the No Makeup November challenge because I believe this passage is true. I believe that beauty is vain and deceitful. I believe that makeup can deceive us into feeling confident, as if our confidence comes from our appearance. I don't think that blush is evil, but if I can take 30 days to remind myself and others that my beauty and worth is found in my relationship with God, I'm all for it. 

Daughters of the King need to be reminded that our confidence will not come from the perfectly shaped brow, or the perfect shade of lipstick. Our confidence is found in the salvation we have in our Savior.

"God is my Savior. I am confident and unafraid, because the Lord is my strength and my song." 
Isaiah 12:2

I am excited to link arms with RAVE ministries and their mission "that women everywhere can see themselves as a true masterpiece intricately and purposefully woven together by the Creator of the universe."



Thanks for stopping by! I would love to know if you also decide to join in No Makeup November! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Joy's Story

Glory's Story

Glorifying God with My Emotions