Making Cirlces

Some friends and I decided to start reading through The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson and follow along with the online videos. If you've never heard of this book, I encourage you to check out his website (and even watch the introduction video below for more background).

I started reading this book last year and never finished it but I started defining success for my life, as prompted by the book. 



Right now we're focusing on circling our "Jerichos"; those impossible things in your life that you're praying about. I have some very personal Jerichos, but I am also praying for things like a second car, the ability to save more money, and a legacy of faith (to name a few). 

No one knows your "Jerichos" except for you. Mark encourages us to define them, write them down and pray boldly and expectantly to God. 

Mark also goes on to say that "the goal isn't getting an answer, it's establishing a prayer habit". That's huge. 

Admittedly, I've never had an excellent prayer life. I used to journal my prayers and have slacked off as life got busier. If you aren't reading anything currently, I encourage you to check this book out!

I'm excited to become a woman of prayer. I believe that God can change my heart and He is already revealing promises in Scripture that I have just "blown over" in the past. Here is a screen shot of the promises that, in just the past two days, the Lord has already reminded me of in Scripture (I set them as reminders on my phone so that they go off every morning).



He is going to do great things, and I hope that my selfishness doesn't stand in the way. The following passage makes me so excited to start praying bolder prayers; 

 "for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and humbled yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and I have come because of your words." Daniel 10:12

Comments

  1. Rachel.

    Thank you so much sharing. More than anything, your transparency for admitting what you did about your prayer life...so refreshing...I thought I was alone in this area, and I have always beat myself up for it. I admire you and the way you carry yourself, so thank you for sharing.

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Glory's Story

The Waiting Room

Birth Story: Levi Allen