Makeup Favs!

In no way do I claim to be some kind of makeup artist, but I do love trying new products and I love learning new techniques to apply my make up better! This post is simply a list of my favorites and "go-to's" in the order in which I would put them on.

If you want a more in-depth description or review about a certain product, just let me know!

Primers

I am in LOVE with Tarte's Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer! Honestly, I don't really know if I buy into the whole "primer" thing, but I use this stuff before I apply my make up and I am just obsessed with it, great product. 

Foundations
Make Up Forever HD Foundation is not something that I typically wear. I use this foundation when I'm going to be on stage, don't really have any complaints. But it hasn't changed my life. 

I'm a BareMinerals girl. I'ma be real honest with you. I don't know if it's necessarily the way it looks on me or just the way it feels on my skin. I love it. I have the loose powder in original and their new pressed powder compact. Good call BareMinerals...SO much easier. 

Eye Primer
I don't always wear eye shadow, but when I do I prime with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. BAM.

Concealer
BareMinerals (obvi) Correcting Concealer has been one of my favorites ever since it came out, I've used it mostly under my eyes but also on my problem areas. If I get a pimple you KNOW it's gonna be on the end of my nose or the middle of my forehead. Ugh, for reals.

I have used BareMinerals Summer Bisque since 2011 when I got my starter kit, it worked great, but I've kinda moved on. I like the creamy stuff betta! 

Lastly is Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage! If you're on YouTube at all, this is probably not the first time you've heard of this stuff. It's amazing, I love it! 

Under-eye Concealer
Okay, confession time. This is my area of defeat. I must have dark circles under my eye like a boss, because no matter what I do....they are always there. I just purchased a hardcore concealer from MAC, so we'll see if that works. 

Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Roller (THAT'S a mouthful) has actually been a great product for me. It has a watery texture so it doesn't feel cakey under your eyes. 


Loreal MagicLumi Concealer/Corrector is some good stuff. It goes on a bit thicker than the Garnier roll-on, and the pen makes it easier to apply. Until I find something better, this is my go-to under eye concealer. 

Finishing Powder
I only started setting my foundation with powder about 2 years ago, once I saw what a difference it made in the look and staying power of my foundation and concealer, I saw the error of my ways. This top left one is the traditional BareMinerals Mineral Powder, it comes in every starter kit and it's a great nude powder for your foundation!

Underneath that is BareMinerals Translucent Pressed Powder compact. I like the translucent powders to set my under-eye concealers. This stuff is great, however I don't use the puff that it comes with, I use a small brush. 

I picked up this Make Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder sample, and I must say I'm quite a fan! 

Bronzer
I was not blessed with the greatest cheekbones in the world. I had succumbed to the fact that I would never have a face like Kim Kardashian until.... Benefit Cosmetics Hoola came into my life! The color is so "blah" in the pan, but when applied correctly can create the perfect illusion for great cheekbones! 

I know it looks like I use this product every day, but I really don't. I've had this same compact for about 2 years. It's called Sonia Kashuk Illuminating Bronzer, I use it mostly in the summer on my neck + shoulders for a little "glow". 

Blush
The blush on the top left is called Coralista by Benefit Cosmetics, I love this blush because it goes on very sheer for me and it's not too heavy, but adds just the right amount of....blush? Also, am I the only one that thinks this stuff smells AMAZING?!

Ok. Please don't be offended. This blush from Nars in the color Orgasm its simply gorgeous. You HAVE to click the link and check it out (my little iphone camera can't do it justice). It's just beautiful. 

This last blush is definitely the darkest I use, but I'm obsessed with it. I guess I just like to look really embarrassed. Anyway, it's called Indecent Proposal from BareMinerals.

Setting Spray
I go back and forth between Urban Decay's All Nighter setting spray and the De Slick spray. It doesn't matter, this has changed my life. Normally I have to touch-up my make up during the day....not anymore, praise the Lord. LOVE this product. 

Wow, this is a long post! Glad you made it through! :) Again, if you have any questions about any specific product, just let me know and I'll be happy to go into more detail! Blessings! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Glory's Story

The Waiting Room

Birth Story: Levi Allen