Joy

I love it when I get a word that is undeniably and directly from the Lord. My quiet time led me to this passage this morning.

Phil. 2:14-16 (The Message) -- "Do everything readily and cheerfully—no bickering, no second-guessing allowed! Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society. Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light-giving Message into the night so I’ll have good cause to be proud of you on the day that Christ returns. You’ll be living proof that I didn’t go to all this work for nothing."


Little secret for ya, I really struggle with being joyful.

It has always been my natural tendency to be a "glass-half-empty" kind of person. I was told once by a friend that I always see the negative in situations before the positive and then I dwell on it. That really bothered me, so since then I have tried to be a positive person.

It hasn't really been working. Just ask my husband.

So after my quiet time today, we had a staff meeting where we were challenged to come up with one word to challenge and motivate us for the year. We were encouraged to be still and let the Lord speak to our hearts about what that word should be. Well, what word do you think popped in my head?


Joy.


I want to commit to being joyful in my personal relationships.
I want to commit to responding with joy in the workplace.
I want to commit to having joy in my walk with the Lord.
I want to commit to being a joyful steward of my finances.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Joy's Story

Glory's Story

Glorifying God with My Emotions