What's It Like to be Married to Me?


This poor guy right here.

He is my best friend. And although I don't always know how to show it, I love him so much.

As one of the most stubborn girls in the world, I can honestly tell you that if you struggle with how to show your husband respect...you are not alone.

I love this guy so much, but until recently did not realize exactly how to communicate respect to him.

I found an article online last week that REALLY stepped on my toes. I haven't read the rest of her posts, so I don't endorse the blog. But I do think this article is something us stubborn wives need to hear.

http://lovinglifeathome.wordpress.com/2012/08/06/25-ways-to-communicate-respect/

It was really #1 that jolted me. "Choose Joy". Hmm, that's a good thought but what if I'm genuinely not happy? Well, she went on to answer that question; "Please don't use moodiness as an attempt to manipulate your man, but in all things rejoice, because that's the right thing to do".

Ouch.

So I decided if I'm going to do this respect my husband thing, I'm going all in. I picked up this book entitled "What's it Like to be Married to Me?" by Linda Dillow, she has been asking me all sorts of ridiculous questions. These questions have changed my perspective in my marriage, and I hope that they will provide some insight into yours as well.

I encourage you to actually try to answer these questions. Don't just look at them and say "Man, that's hard to answer." Actually sit down with pen and paper or whatever you prefer and ANSWER THEM. It practically drove me to tears to do this, but it was awesome.

One thing you should know about these questions is that you're attending your own funeral and find that your husband is the one speaking about you.
1. What would you like your husband to say about you after many years of marriage?
2. What character qualities would you like him to have seen in you?
3. What kind of love relationship would you want him to describe?
4. What kind of love would you have wanted him to have received from you during all those years?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Joy's Story

Glory's Story

Erin Condren Iphone Case Review + Golden Ticket