Sometimes Busy is Bad


I was in the play "Our Town" in high school and never did this quote stick out to me quite as much as it did the other day. I'm just reminded that everyday is a gift and every moment with my husband is a moment to treasure. It's selfish of me not to put in the effort to stay connect with my friends and family.

I want to hold tight the good moments in life. I want to take beautiful moments and dwell on them. And take moments of conviction and let it seep into my soul. I want to take dark and hard moments and remember the pain. I want to take quiet moments and be still.

In our staff meeting this week, we read the article "Tyranny of the Urgent" by Charles E. Hummel. It was the perfect "cherry-on-top" to my recent revelation about how I should live my life. Here is one of my favorite quotes about learning to say "no" to some good things, even ministry opportunities.


Comments

  1. This quote is so true...life goes my so fast...enjoy every moment. I have been trying to live more intentionally, and wow! it's hard to slow down!
    LA :)
    www.simplysmilingblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Joy's Story

Glory's Story

The Waiting Room