Housewife of Lynchburg

Well, as of today I have been married to the love of my life, Carson Wagner for 41 days! My husband is the most exciting, sweet, sensitive, loving, compassionate, talented, and wonderful man that I could have ever asked for. We have had a crazy year so far. With planning a wedding, traveling part time, taking classes full time, working and having busy schedules. Life has finally slowed down and I have to admit that I miss the busyness of life!

I am blessed with a wonderful man of God who values our spiritual life together as a couple and having a healthy relationship. So, we have recently begun the "Love Dare" which is a 40 day challenge for couples to strengthen their relationship and help to develop their biblical love. I am beyond excited about everything that I am going to learn from it. Marriage has definitely been amazing, but has definitely taught me so much about myself.

I have found that today's society urges women to have an "I am a goddess" mentality. This can be so destructive in a marriage relationship. Believing that your man should love and respect you regardless of your loving and respecting him is just ridiculous. I've learned so much in the past year -- as Carson and I have really grown together and worked on developing what would become a vibrant marriage relationship -- that both parties contribute to the cycle. There is a cycle of conflict in which the way you respond to him and the way he responds to you determines what will happen next. There is also a cycle of love and affection where if you "starve" him because you feel as if he is "starving" you, there will be little room left for the romance to flourish.

God has given me an incredible man and an incredible life. I have been given a gift and the journey has had it's wonderful ups and it's devastating downs. As much as I love my sweet husband, I know that my personal relationship with God is first. What a wonderful feeling, to have your husband look you in the eyes and know that you love him unconditionally, you respect him for the incredible man that he is, and you value him and trust him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Faith and Joy's Story

Glory's Story

Erin Condren Iphone Case Review + Golden Ticket